Organizing is my thing. I organize everything: clothes, shoes, towels, kitchen drawers, pantry shelves, bathroom drawers you name it. Here are some of my organization tips.
Before I begin to organize an area I always start with removing items that are:
- Less frequently used/worn (if the item hasn’t been used/worn for at least six month to a year, or has dust on it, then it’s time to go
- I never trash items that someone else can use. I donate. My “trash” can be someone else’s treasure. (Besides it’s a nice tax write off)
- I organize items according to color, size, and sometimes alphabetically 😊
My advice is:
- Start with a smaller area first e.g. Under your bathroom sink
- Sort out the items you less frequently use.
- For the items you are keeping, group them together according to category e.g. Hair products, shaving products, lotions etc.
- Use containers, or lazy Susan’s, or Stackable drawers to hold your categorized items.
- Add Category labels to the front if you decided with drawers or containers.