Another DIY Project
I’ll be posting a lot of pictures here so my post will be short.
Before I personally and physically demo’d our laundry room it was a pretty decent area. However, being the person that I am…I saw that there were areas that needed some TLC.
- The entry door forever swung into the washer machine (urgh!)
- The storage closet sliding doors was in the way of fully accessing my cleaning supplies
- The wall paint color made the room look smaller than it appeared
- There was a big empty space in the corner of the room that looked odd
- I wanted the laundry room to also be the mud room
And I think my original list went on. Well just like I demo’d and renovated our master closet this laundry room was next on my task! In about 2 months the laundry room was complete. I got the furniture, shelving, and decor from many different places so message me if you’re interested in knowing.
Now that our laundry room is up to part… I am honestly motivated to say “I’ll do Laundry!”
Enjoy the pictures! 🤗
You’ve seen the nice closet online. You know the walk in closet that’s probably all white and has a chandelier or two in it. The clothes are all neatly organized and color coded. The hangers are all the same and there is probably some fresh flowers sitting somewhere on a closet shelf.
Well… after seeing so many designer closets like the one I described I wanted one of my own. But one problem., the cost was way beyond my budget! Oops..
Have you ever experienced that? Did you let it discourage you?
Let me tell you that although it takes time and work a DIY closet is far better than paying thousands to have one professionally built. After seeing how an IKEA pax closet system, when done right, can look like a designer closet I became convinced. You don’t have to buy from IKEA. You can buy what you need from any store that sells organizing items such as The Container Store, Home Depot, Walmart, Target and Lowes just to name a few.
It doesn’t matter how big or small your closet space is you can inexpensively create a nice, cozy area. Is your closet space small? Brighten it up with light colors. Do you have a lack of shelf space? Why not install floating shelves. Need some ideas of re creating your space? I would love to help…email me!
Length of my project: 3 months
(I demo’d the closet myself and my husband helped assemble the IKEA Pax system)
What else did I use?
– Amazon velvet hangers (TJ Maxx have them too!)
– Chandeliers from Home Depot
– Floor runner from Home Depot
– Gray bins from The Container Store
– 8 section drawer for Ties from The Container Store